Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Enfin Bonobo Centre"-"Lola ya Bonobo"






Sunday has arrived again....and yes at last I get to visit the Bonobo Sanctuary.....we left the house at about 10.30am , I really thought that it was not going to be that far...but our driver had other plans for us!!!!

The trip should take about 45 minutes to get to the area where "Lac de ma Valee" is and the Bonobo Park is about 3kilometre from there but our driver took the wrong turning and took us on an hour long drive in the wrong direction....Talk about been stubborn, I told Vianney to tell him I have a feeling we are going in the wrong direction....but he said no he has been before and we are not..... Well after Vianney nearly lost his cool with him and telling him 3 times to stop asking for directions now and turn back he had no option but to listen but both Vianney and I where really fed up ....I saw my little adventure coming to an end....and once again no Bonobo Park..

When we got to the end of the road where we had gone wrong earlier, thirst was on my side ..and the sign said 3km to Bonobo Sanctuary...so off we went...
When we arrived to my surprise there where many people around picnic tables enjoying the
Sunday afternoon. There are small radis in the little river
that devides the restaurant from the bonobo Reserve.
the children where really enjoying themselves, swimming and
playing on the beach....

Vianney an I decide to go and have a very deserving "Primus Beer" or two and ordered some lunch - Steamed fish in Banana leaves cooked in a lovely juice served with rice....great lunch!


Then the walk up to Bonobo Centre ...where we followed a guide who explained the different behavior and habits of the Bonobo....
here another link to learn more about them and perhaps you would like to support them-
http://lolayabonobo.wildlifedirect.org/category/the-sanctuary/
I am going to move on to tell you how I fell in love with them.........well one little baby!

No comments: