Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Surprise Trip To South Africa

Vianney, came home one night and told me that he was going down to Lubumbashi for a week. Surprise, he had bought me a ticket to go with him, we sat chatting about it that evening and I told him it would be fun to go to South Africa to do some shopping, well Vianney just said why don't we organise that for you. So off we went to the Travel agent and we booked my ticket for Sunday morning. We both went to the airport as he was leaving later in the day for Lubumbashi .

My daughter Tanya and her family where at the Airport to meet me, as I stayed with them, it was a time to get to know her two children Lizel nearly 7 and Theo 2 years of age, as I have not seen them for almost 6 years. Its strange to be called Nana ....guess I will just have to get used to it.!!! loved all the hugs I received from them.....it was fun!

I spent time meeting, friends, shopping and going out to some really good restaurants.
I was delighted with the growth of South Africa and the way the people treat each other with respect....I know that South Africans find the crime and the cost of living very high, I guess this is true for them but I still think that it is one of the best and most beautiful country's in the world.

I had a great time in SA and also enjoyed my birthday there but wow it is good to be back home with V again ....we really missed each other.....

Have a great week ..!!!

No comments: