Thursday, October 9, 2008

Meeting New People and Trying New Restaurants!

This week has been full of new, people , good restaurants and happenings in my life !!!! On Tuesday I went off to the International Woman's Meeting at the Canadian Embassy. We had a speaker who chatted to us about the impact of deforestation here in Africa and the effects it has on Global Warming.



I was really happy to join this group of ex-pat as it opens the door to many more activities and new people in my life. The most important happening for me was meeting "Ingrid" " who writes the blog"Life as in Kin" , she really is a delightful, positive young woman. I think that if you have been following my blog from the beginning, you realised that at first I was very negative about coming to the DRC until Dorianne my daughter found Ingrid's blog and of course the rest is history it turned things around for me completely,and more positive about joining the ex-pat life here in the DRC.
Thanks Ingrid you are really an inspiration, and described life here in Kin very accurately. You just have to make the most of all opportunity's thrown your way in life.

Now to the subject of the restaurants, a group of us went to the Mandarin Chinese Restaurant after the meeting where the view is just so beautiful. You look across the Congo river and see Brazzaville very clearly on the other side. The other restaurant was the the Taj-Tandoori which is on the top of a building with a fabulous view of the city lights in the evening. In fact you could be anywhere in the world having a evening out with friends.... the only off putting thing about going to this restaurant is the small lift that only takes 3 people....it is very claustrophobic....but guess to enjoy we need to pay a small price....

1 comment:

Congopit said...

Well Edith, we're now buddies! Thanks for your feedback, it really makes my "work" here more worthwhile. I am inspired by my new blog readers, that have been informed about Kin prior to their arrival here. C U Soon x Ings