Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's New At Belle Vue

Well the little Complex is coming along fine, it has had its teething problems but I guess that is to be expected. One day you have Internet then there is nothing again for a few days.....Sometimes you have excellent TV reception then the lights go out and everything is blurry and there is no signal . This goes on almost every other week......So when we have a good week its bests to enjoy it while you can. (Just an update here we had Internet connection installed by Vodacom and it is working well now after 5 days of no service....guess I should not complain it might just go off again!!!!)
Some of the people staying on the compound have had there own Internet and satellite TV installed at a price but if you are going to be here long term its a small price to pay!!!! (Hey ....just joined in with this too, so I am set up!) Its great!
School has opened , we have the International School called "Jewels Int. School" just down the road from Belle Vue. So the mornings around here are very quiet.....The afternoons when the children get back they all seem to meet at the swimming pool, that was just filled this last week so now they can swim and get rid of any left over energy, cooling down in the pool.


Around the pool they are still busy building, they will have a gym,small shop, restaurant so at least once that is ready we too will be able to enjoy more facilities.


Vianney spent 5 days away down in Lubumbashi and I thought it would be best to stay behind , just as well, I ended up with flu....and been a twit kept on thinking it was malaria talk about been obsessed about something!!!! guess I just want to be care full....anyway I am well now!

Every other day you about someone that has malaria, a driver, a maid or one of there children so its out there...we just have to take care and spray our "Deet" perfume!!!!

This weekend , Vianney will be off again to Lubumbashi but he wants to go to Matadi.as well...have no idea which one it will be and maybe I will get to go with....so its all up in the air for now, best to play it by ear... I just hope the time comes soon when we can go off and explore around Kinshasa... I did get to some of the markets last weekend but still want to visit Lac de ma Valee!!

Have a good weekend , I know I will ....make the best of it!

No comments: