Friday, September 5, 2008

Two Month's have passed now!!!

It has been a busy two weeks for me in a way...guess it has something to do with getting into a routine and just dealing with Africa.
I unfortunately parted ways with young Jael....lets say it just did not work out and maybe she had more aspiring ideas...and doing housework was not really on the agenda...so hopefully she has moved on to greener pastures where she can run the household.
Well that has left me again trying to find someone that is going to be more suited to me....I took one look at the next person, offered to me and knew that it was not going to work for me so now I think i am known for not been too easy to please...well too bad!!!
On Monday i had a papa who's name is eBabi, start but I don't think that it will last much longer than this Monday for me either....I know people are poor but that is no reason for them to go through your bags......unfortunately if you do not catch them red handed its a bit difficult to prove!!! So I have some decision to make....and soon.!!!
On the social side,we have attended a few birthday dinners and a house warming party they turned out to be fun.
Our Thursday morning tea this week was great, we had it at a lovely German lady's house (Ava )who made us a great curry and rice for lunch...
we sipped some champagne to celebrate one of the lady's getting her container.....so all is not dull here on the compound!!!
This morning we enjoyed a birthday breakfast I organised for young Bev from Australia...
We found a delightful restaurant called Mozart's where we sipped some champagne and chatted over a beautiful cheese and ham omelet....we bumped into two more international ladies Alison a Korean/American and Biva from Nepal .
After our breakfast we went with Biva and Sylvi who is Congolese married to a (Canadian) who comes from Iran....to do some shopping.........a little nerve wrecking with Biva driving who tells us she is used to driving an automatic car ....and that she just cannot get used to how the Congolese drive ....they make one lane into three and if all else fails improvise and make it four with the other side of the road doing exactly the same.....Welcome to the DRC .driving experience...this explains why we need a chauffeur......until next time have a good weekend.!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom - you sound like you are having a blast - OOOHHH and the way you are sipping on so much champaign! NICE! Well life certainly doesnt seem that dull for you. I SO look forward to seeing you in Dec. Love you lots and miss you toooooo much.
Princess